A bit of over a 12 months in the past, advisor Jonathan DeYoe was in a wholesome place; he was meditating regularly, figuring out, consuming and sleeping proper.
However in the summertime of 2021, he tragically misplaced his solely brother and enterprise associate, David, when he drowned within the Pacific Ocean. Jonathan says his life got here to a “screeching halt” that day. Whereas dealing with grief, he struggled to remain wholesome. Since then, he has been on a journey to rebuild wholesome habits after experiencing this big loss.
On this episode, Diana Britton, managing editor of WealthManagement.com, speaks with Jonathan DeYoe, senior vp of EP Wealth Advisors in Berkeley, Calif., writer of “Aware Cash” and host of the Aware Wealth Podcast, in regards to the struggles of sustaining wholesome habits throughout tragic occasions.
- How his habits modified whereas engaged on Wall Avenue
- The wake-up name that motivated him to enhance his life-style
- What occurred within the weeks and months after his brother’s passing
- Causes to hunt assist and help, as a substitute of attempting to handle grief by yourself
- The method of rebuilding wholesome habits following a significant breakdown
- How his brother’s passing impacted the work he’s doing now
When you have a wrestle and want to share your experiences and assist others in related conditions, please attain out to Diana at [email protected].